Friday, December 4, 2009

First Challenge of 2010 Theme

This is a time of year that is extra busy for all of us so the next Challenge entries are not due until February 5th 2010!

The winner of the last Challenge - Melissa of grakowsky - gets to choose the next theme. And here it is:

I have been thinking about the theme. I think I'd like to be the ocean or the sea. I chose this theme because I love the water and have seen many beautiful ocean-inspired pieces of beaded jewelry before. The vastness of the ocean is awe-inspiring and has moved many artists in the past to capture a piece of its beauty. The challenge entries can draw from the imagery of the water itself, sea life, or even ocean-related activity. The challenge entrants should state what aspect of the ocean inspired their piece.


You may start your entry today and must complete and list it by midnight Etsy time, February 5, 2010! This is the first Challenge for 2010 and therefore your first opportunity to fulfill EBW membership requirements: At least once a year enter the EBW Challenge.!

Rules:
Any style, any technique with a majority of beadweaving is welcome. (Pieces submitted for the challenges should be newly-created (by you - not from a pattern) between the date the challenge theme is announced and the 5th of the month when it is due. Do not renew an existing or expired listing for the challenge.)

ONE only entry allowed per EBW Member.

The piece MUST be created between now and February 5, 2010.

See our Challenge FAQ here for all of the details on the rules of our challenges.

7 comments:

  1. 5th of February? That's my birthday. I should start now to design something for this challenge - as a gift to myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water is one of my most favorite sources of inspiration!
    Will see if time would allow...
    Good luck, everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my all time favorite beading theme. I can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an idea already! Let's see if I can get moving in time to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely, broad theme. it should leave room for many, many entries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool ... water is one of my fav sources of inspiration as well. Will by my first challenge :)

    ReplyDelete