Monday, November 16, 2009

November Challenge - Beauty of the Flower Winner!

This month's EBW challenge had 17 entries and received 685 votes and we have a clear winner! With 174 of the votes, our winner is 13. Hibiscus Necklace - grakowsky.



Here is what she had to say about her piece:

When I saw the photo of the Hibiscus shown in my thumbnails, I knew it was the flower I wanted to use. The color of the petals was so striking to me, especially against the green background. I also loved the shape of the gently curving petals and immediately thought I could model them.


Here are the other 9 runners-up:

Second: 11. Pink Flower Sun Necklace - demetgun3

Third: 10. Mystical Orchid Necklace - CieloDesign

Fourth: 14. Water Lily - oraninbar

Fifth: 17. Warm Winter Bloom Necklace - SmadarsTreasure

Sixth: 5. Lady Slipper - savoystudio

Seventh: 12. Midnight hibiscus - Lauralia

Eighth: 1. Mother of Pearl Brooch - enchantedbeads

Ninth & Tenth Tie: 4. Bird of Paradise - ArtfulAr
and 9. The Beauty of the Columbine - dreambeadweaver

Congratulations to all of our entries for creating such gorgeous pieces!

If you haven't already started work on your entry for the December EBW Challenge - Peace Piece - it's not to late to get started. This is an interesting theme and I'm sure it will spawn many beautiful and creative pieces. You can read all of the details about it here. Don't forget, this is the last Challenge for 2009 so if you haven't participated yet...DO IT NOW!!

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! What a beauty! A well deserved win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the winner and the runner-ups! Great job, everybody! It was really difficult to vote for just one contestant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! All the entries were so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful piece! It was a fantastic group of entries, congrats to everyone that made a piece. :)

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations everyone, they were all beautiful and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Melissa! Beautiful flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I'm already working on my December entry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. first comment from me :)
    I second
    I want my friends to celebrate the first ..
    was a very good competition for me.
    Thank you to everyone who supported.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Breathtakingly beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of the entries were so beautiful. Congrats to the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been remiss in keeping up with my blogging and checking all the websites I get involved in, so I totally missed this -- but looking at all the lovely entries took my breath away...it was hard to say what my favorite was and although I am late for voting I must say I liked the midnight hibiscus - it was just soooo sexy...congrats to all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to the winner. So many beautiful pieces, it was realy hard to vote for just one this time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is absolutely beautiful - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A well-deserved win and beautiful entries all! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. congratulations! beautiful entries!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My congratulations to the winners! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to the winner and all who participated. I am grateful for the opportunity to be inspired by such a very talented group!!

    ReplyDelete